Necklift Surgery Sydney
About the treatment
As we age, gravity, sun damage, and daily life stressors take their toll on our skin. The neck is one of the first areas of the body to show signs of ageing. As the dermis on the neck is thinner than other areas of the body, this delicate area is highly vulnerable to gravity, sun exposure and the ageing process.
The draping or hanging skin around the neck often creates a crêpey texture, jowls or platysmal bands that produce a prematurely aged or worn appearance. Combined with modern pressures like “tech neck” (spending large amounts of time looking down at your phone or computer) cause the skin to become lax. As a result, folds and wrinkles usually begin to form on the neck before appearing elsewhere. Neck lift surgery aims to correct these effects.
“A facelift or neck lift is not about pulling the face and neck tight, but rather lifting them to the right degree. We reshape the whole area from a bottom-heavy look due to jowls and sagging skin to fullness in the upper part of the face while tapering in the lower face—the so-called ‘triangle of youth’. A good facelift and neck lift should look soft, natural, well-enhanced and never tight.” — Dr Liew.
Many people tend to disregard the neck when seeking facial treatments. However, for those wishing to maintain a youthful and refreshed appearance, the neck is one of the most critical areas to address. The area below the chin and jawline play a crucial role in defining your profile, so it is vital to tend to the face as a whole.
Dr Liew aims to design a completely individualised treatment plan in harmony with your circumstances and stage of life.
A neck lift is a surgical procedure designed to treat excess or sagging skin beneath the chin and on the neck. This treatment involves elevating the skin and tightening underlying muscles to counteract the ‘turkey bands’ and loose skin that comes with age.
Dr Liew’s vision is to create a beautifully sculpted neck that refines the lower face and complements your unique facial structure.
- In most cases, neck lifts and facelifts are performed as a combination treatment
- Correct imperfections and improve the transition from the chin to the neck
- A firmer and tighter contour of the lower face that enriches your entire profile
- Dr Liew performs this combination treatment to restore shape and symmetry to the face, refreshing your entire facial aesthetic as a result.
- Tightening the underlying muscles and lifting the skin in the right direction
- The face and neck are united and rely on each other to define your appearance
What to expect from a Neck Lift
Dr Liew may remove excess skin or fat to artfully shape the curve transition that defines the lower face through a carefully placed incision hidden behind the hairline or on the inside of the ear. Most neck lifts and facelifts are performed as a combination treatment.
As the face and neck are united and rely on each other to define your appearance, Dr Liew performs the procedures together to produce holistic and personalised results. By tightening the underlying muscles and lifting the skin in the right direction, this combination treatment aims to restore shape and symmetry to the face, refreshing your entire facial aesthetic as a result.
- Procedure time: 3.5 hours
- Downtime required: 2 weeks
- Results duration: Long-lasting*
- Pair this treatment with: Skincare and laser therapy
*Individual results may vary.
Candidates for Neck Lift surgery
Neck lift surgery is a highly-rewarding procedure that can significantly improve skin that has loosened or sagged with age. This treatment is highly suitable for men and women seeking facelift surgery. The two work in harmony to correct the aged or worn appearance and restore shape to the face. Those who generally seek the procedure include those who:
- Have excess or loose skin below the chin and around the neck.
- Want to correct the ‘double chin’ or ‘turkey neck’ appearance.
- Are primarily satisfied with the upper portion of their face and seek to correct ageing concerns disturbing the natural contour between the chin and lower part of the neck.
Dr Liew can create transformative results by combining the neck lift and facelift surgeries. Together, the two procedures can produce a well-toned and refreshed appearance, which complements your unique facial features and enriches your natural beauty.
Like to know more about your treatment options?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us on (02) 8356 2888 to book your consultation.