Effective Picosecond Laser Treatment in Sydney
About the treatment
Maintaining healthy and radiant skin is the first and most important step to looking and feeling beautiful.
The Pico laser is the world’s first and only aesthetic laser used for skin rejuvenation and correction. As one of the fastest and most effective laser platforms introduced to the cosmetic medicine market, picosecond technology can provide genuinely transformative results for skin concerns of all kinds and overall appearance.
“Good skin care is imperative for maintaining a youthful complexion. When your skin is supple, even-toned and clear, your natural features shine, and your confidence increases as a result”.
At the Shape Clinic in Sydney, we have introduced Pico laser treatments as part of our mission to help patients achieve naturally healthy and refreshed skin.
WHAT IS PICOSECOND TECHNOLOGY?
Forget nanosecond technology, picosecond laser technology is the way to go for cosmetic rejuvenation.
- A picosecond equals one trillionth of a second and is indicative of the extremely rapid rate at which laser energy is delivered into the skin.
- Beyond delivering targeted bursts of laser energy, the speed that the light energy travels also stimulates a vibration throughout the skin’s surface, triggering an additional collagen response.
This cosmetic breakthrough means that Pico lasers are one of the world’s most efficient laser platforms for various aesthetic applications, including acne scar treatment, tattoo removal and melanoma treatments.
Patients concerned about post-inflammatory hypo or hyperpigmentation caused by excessive heat from other laser treatments need not worry. The ultra-short bursts of picosecond laser energy mean that there isn’t much thermal energy left in the skin, and any adverse effects are reduced.
What to expect from a Pico Laser Treatment
Picosecond technology provides a fast and productive way to minimise signs of ageing, improve pigmentation and enhance skin tone.
A single session can take as little as 15 minutes, making it an ideal procedure for those with busy schedules. The extent of treatment required will determine how long your session will take, which our experienced team will estimate during your in-person consultation.
We’ll examine your condition and cosmetic concerns during your consultation to identify the most suitable approach and the number of sessions required to achieve the best aesthetic result. We analyse your unique facial structure and features to design a treatment plan to capture and complement your natural beauty. While the process will vary for every individual, patients usually undergo three to four sessions, 2 to 4weeks apart, for the most effective outcome.
How does a Picosecond laser work?
- A picosecond laser comprises leading-edge light-based technology that delivers short pulse bursts of energy to the skin in one trillionth of a second to targeted areas (gently) without harming the surrounding skin.
- This pioneering technique targets all three layers of tissue, from epidermal pigment to deep-dermal laxity, to achieve thorough skin rejuvenation.
- The Picosecond laser triggers the body’s natural healing process, which carries away damaged tissue and rebuilds fresh collagen and elastin to give you noticeably healthier and clearer skin.
- Beyond the ability to improve scarring and smoothen imperfections, Pico treatments can produce a brighter and younger-looking skin tone and texture.
- By gently heating the lower tissue layers, your body creates new collagen and elastin that supports your face’s underlying structure, volume, and elasticity.
At Shape Clinic, we perform Pico laser treatments to help clients achieve a more even toned and youthful appearance, reducing pores and smoothing fine lines to produce elegant and alluring skin.
What can a Picosecond laser treat?
The Pico laser offers a versatile, efficient and comfortable treatment with multiple aesthetic applications. This procedure can treat symptoms on the face, chest, décolleté, hands or legs. At Shape Clinic, we use this technology to target underlying layers of tissue and address concerns such as:
- Acne scarring
- Brown spots and Freckles
- Stretch marks
- Fine lines and Wrinkles
- Pigmentation and Pigmented lesions
What are the benefits of Pico skin treatment?
As a highly developed method in cosmetic enhancement, Pico lasers boast many benefits for the skin. This treatment offers patients a simple and effective way to minimise imperfections and signs of ageing while enriching the skin’s tone and texture for a refreshed and healthier appearance. The benefits of this innovative technology include:
- Non-invasive treatment
- Short procedure time
- Little to no recovery time
- Minimal risks
- Treats a variety of everyday concerns and imperfections.
Why is skincare important?
Skincare forms the backbone for all anti ageing treatments. Keeping the skin barrier strong and hydrated is critical for maintaining the face’s youthful texture and healthy glow. The effects of ageing, sun exposure and toxic environments often lead to a worn or tired appearance that can significantly deflate your appearance and confidence.
World-renowned specialist plastic surgeon Dr Liew strongly advocates the importance of skincare and its role in defining your appearance.
He has introduced picosecond technology to his Sydney clinic because of its efficient and comprehensive capacity to rebuild collagen and elastin within the skin’s dermal layers. With the creation of new cells and the shedding of old and damaged tissue, the skin becomes clearer, smoother and more radiant—an invaluable source for looking and feeling beautiful.
Like to know more about your treatment options?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us on (02) 8356 2888 to book your consultation.
Effective Picosecond Laser Treatment in Sydney Enquiry
"*" indicates required fields