To ensure the best possible results from your vascular laser treatment, there are a number of preparation tips that be followed prior to the treatment.
- Avoid prescription topical Vitamin A or Hydroquinone for 72 hours before treatment
- Avoid fake tan and solarium for at least 2-4 weeks prior to treatment
- Avoid waxing the treatment area or any other hair removal treatments.
- Avoid direct sun exposure and ensure daily use of SPF 50
- Avoid alcohol and caffeine for at least 24 hours before your treatment.
After vascular laser treatment, a soothing cream will be applied. Bruising, redness, and swelling are normal and subside within 3-5 days with proper aftercare. Aftercare will be provided for you.
Other aftercare instructions include:
- Follow homecare product advice given. Avoid exposing the treated area to direct sunlight and always use sunscreen
- Avoid direct heat (hot showers, and saunas)
- Sleep propped up on a couple of pillows to reduce swelling
- Avoid strenuous exercise for 72 hours after the treatment