Breast Augmentation Sydney
Breast augmentation surgery (BAM) is one of the most common surgical cosmetic procedures that we perform in Australia. It’s hard to believe that a simple act of placing a set of breast implants can enhance female appearance significantly.
From my perspective, one of the most common things that most women discuss about breast augmentation is the size. While this is of course extremely important, to me as a plastic surgeon it is probably of secondary importance. BAM surgery to most women is about making the breast look bigger. To me, it does a lot more than that. I look at BAM as a way to create not only an ideal size or breast for that particular woman, but also to enhance the rest of the body.
A nicely performed breast implant surgery, should take into consideration, the shape of the chest, as well as the overall shape and height of the female. It should complement the body rather than just simply creating a big breast because we often see a lot of women presented with simply big breast following breast implant surgery. To me, that is probably a shortsighted view of BAM. BAM surgery to me, is first of all a surgery used to create a beautifully shaped breast which in turn should enhance the upper body of the woman, which is turn should enhance an overall nicely shaped body. After all, this is the most unique and distinctly attractive and sensual part of the female body. Some women who are long and lean and thin, will look extremely good with a proportionate enlargement with a breast that’s enhances the elongated look. Simply giving them a large rounder breast may not be the ideal. Vice versa patients who are already fairly short may not fair well, if you simply widen the upper chest by giving them too much side boob, which will make them look shorter. These are some of the nuances in BAM surgery that I think people should consider.
Procedure time: 1 hour
Downtime required: 3 - 7 days (varies according to size and placement of implants and vocational requirements)
Results duration: long lasting, may need repeat of surgery after 8 - 10 years
Asian females who seek breast augmentation require a different approach in choosing the ideal implants due to the differences in their physical structure and the quality of the skin.
Typical Asian female chest has
- Long and narrow chest compare to the rest of the body
- Shorter stature
- Minimal soft tissue with occasional ribs visible through the skin
- The overlying skin and tissue tends to be tighter and firmer compare to Caucasians
- Suboptimal breast shape and form
- Due to the long and narrow chest, females in this category are more suitable to have a more elongated than round breasts to complement the elongated and petite body frame. The longer implant will enable filling of the otherwise bony chest.
- Important not to widen and increase the volume of the chest too much for it will have the risks of creating an optical illusion of a shorter stature and fuller upper body. In other words, rather than beautify the body, the risks is making the petite frame looks plump after the implant.
- Special and extra care is required in the after surgery period to enhance optimal scar appearance. (Asians have a higher tendency to produce darker and thicker scar ( hyperpigmentation, hypertrophied scar)
The expansion and deflation of the breast tissue following pregnancies tends to cause stretching of the breast skin and lost of breast volume. The most common findings in post pregnancy breasts are that of a smaller, some what saggy and looser breasts. Most patients complain of loss of perkiness, loss of fullness especially in the upper part of the breasts.
- Anti Wrinkle Treatments
- Dermal Fillers
- Lip Enhancement
- Cheek and Chin
- Eye and Brow Lift
- Nose Reshaping
- Glamour Eyes
- Total Face Enhancement
- Double chin blaster in a syringe
- Platelet Rich Plasma Treatment (PRP)
- Chemical Peels
- Laser Therapy
- Skin Tightening (Ulthera)